Helping Your Child at Home
Date: 23rd November 2013
Time: 10.00am – 1.00pm
Cost: £50 (or £95 combined price if attending the afternoon workshop)
An opportunity for parents of children with dyslexia or other associated learning difficulties to demystify some of the current teaching practices and learn further strategies to support their children. Answering common questions of:
- Why can’t they remember the word ‘and’ when they’ve already read it in the sentence before?
- Why don’t they know the difference between b and d?
- What are phonemes and a split diagraphs?
- Why can’t they remember their Swimming lesson is every Tuesday?
- How can we help them with homework without it ending in tears? (Normally yours!)
All training sessions are non-threatening, dyslexic friendly and fun. By request, specific areas can be focused on e.g. understanding phonics.
Developing Dyslexic-Friendly Strategies
Date: 23 November 2013
Time: 1:45pm – 4:45pm
Cost: £50 (or £95 combined price if attending the above morning workshop)
Focusing on key areas of reading, writing and spelling, we will show you how you can use creative strategies to make it fun!
- Reading and funny Phonics
- Getting it written down – a focus on writing strategies
- Spelling – breaking the unbreakable code
All training sessions are non-threatening, dyslexic friendly and fun.
Please fill in the form below if you would like us to email you a booking form or be kept informed of future workshops.